Why Do Mosquitoes Bite Some People and Not Others?
(WellnessPursuits.com) – I don’t like sharing my blood with mosquitoes. Totally not fun being an involuntary donor for them, and the vicious little things carry some very nasty diseases.
I seem to be a target for them, so wanted to find out why I’m so attractive to the little beasties. I hunted around the Web and found lots of information that explains my unwanted popularity. Thought you’d like to know too.
- Dark Colored Clothes — Like blacks, and dark blues — note to self: look more like a flower
- People Who are Moving Around — If you’re moving chances are you’re alive and have blood to share — note to self: sit, relax and enjoy the peace
- Higher Body Heat — If you normally run hot you’re the preferred target — note to self: ice tea anyone?
- Heavy Breathers — They love CO2 — note to self: Hang with people who are exhaling more than you
- Alcohol Drinkers — They love the smell of alcohol as you exhale — note to self: I enjoy wine. No note
- Type O Blood –They prefer O, B and A in that order — note to self: Oh no! I’m an O!
- Certain Chemicals in Sweat — You can’t control this
Note to Self: I rate high on #3, 5, 6 and 7. I now know why I’m clearly a target
As you can see from the list, if mosquitoes like you, it’s unlikely you can do much about it.
So, choose your friends with mosquitoes in mind, and hang around people who they prefer more than you. Make friends with high-energy, heavy-breathing beer drinkers and people who have type O blood.
Here’s to your Healthy Pursuits!
Copyright 2023, WellnessPursuits.com