(WellnessPursuits.com) – I eat well… at least I sure try to. But, I can only eat so much, so choices are important and foods that could actually make my skin look better are high on my list.
I see my face in the mirror more often than the rest of my body, and so does everyone else, so of course the way my skin looks is important to me. On the surface, I use a cleansing gel and moisturizers I like, but I also want to make sure that I’m feeding my skin from the inside.
With that in mind, I of course went searching on the Web to find a list of the best foods that would be good for my skin. Here you go:
- Drink plenty of water… not soda – water (squeeze in a lemon)
- Drink organic green tea
- Eat highly colored vegetables like carrots, peppers, broccoli, cucumbers, etc.
- Eat vibrant colored fruits and berries – blueberries, raspberries, pomegranates, etc.
- Add healthy oils, like olive and coconut oil (on your salad or use as a moisturizer on your skin)
- Get Omega-3 fatty acids from eating: salmon, spinach, flaxseed, grass fed beef, walnuts and eggs
In addition to having a diet mostly made up of the 6 above, try, try to avoid refined sugar. Sugar can wreak havoc with your skin. When the craving for candy bar sweets hits, drink water first and then if that doesn’t do it, try a piece of fruit.
Here’s to you and your beautiful skin!
Copyright 2020, WellnessPursuits.com