Happiness is precious. We all live a somewhat tumultuous life where both good and bad things happen. When those difficult times hit, we weather them as best we can and eventually strive to regain a sense of happiness.
Sometimes it seems hard to do.
I scoured the web for some answers of what experts thought were effective ways to regain a sense of being happy after difficult times. Here’s a compilation of the best that I found:
- Happy people are grateful for what they have and express that gratitude to others. Often.
- Happy people stay in the present and don’t dwell on the past. Everyone has a past. Happy people don’t live there. They live in the here and now and have an attitude of “hope” for the future.
- Happy people take the time to plan and engage in play and laugh.
- Happy people make it a habit to smile… not just when they feel happy. Happy people generally have an approachable, pleasant countenance. Happy people are kind.
- Happy people take action to contribute to making thing happen rather than just wish for things or events to occur.
- Happy people are authentic… down to earth… real. What they say and do reflects who they really are and what they really think. Happy people are trustworthy.
- Happy people are conscious of being “well.” Regardless of their age, or their state of health, happy people take an active role in doing healthy things for themselves. They have an attitude of “wellness.”
Let’s make a pact to enter 2019 with a sense of gratitude. We’re here. We’re alive. Events that happen to us may not be our choice. How we respond to the events is our choice. Happiness is a choice. Choose to be happy!