6 Unexpected Benefits of Green Tea
(WellnesssPursuits.com) – During this difficult time in history with the Coronavirus as a threat, we particularly need all the things that are good for us that we can get. One of those things to add to our list is easy to find, easy to make and delicious to drink! Green Tea!
It’s easy to overlook green tea as an everyday beverage. I’ve been primarily a coffee and water drinker (after I gave up my love affair with cola’s 20 years ago). Occasionally, I’d make myself a cup of soothing herbal tea before going to bed, and I’ve had green tea when I go to a sushi restaurant, but it hasn’t been in my pantry as a staple.
I was hunting around the Web in search of a new topic for you, and I ran across several references to the exceptional benefits of drinking green tea. I was only mildly interested at first because I didn’t expect anything particularly startling. I was wrong.
Green tea contains remarkable properties that have a profound impact on our overall health which is the foundation of warding off disease and anti-aging.
6 Super Health Benefits of Green Tea:
- Helps you lose weight — It revs up your metabolism and helps you burn fat… particularly belly fat
- Boosts your immune system — Green tea has tremendous anti-oxidant properties (flavonoids and catechins) which reduce free-radicals that damage cells
- Improves brain function — Green tea has a unique combination of caffeine and the amino acid amino acid L-theanine, that boosts brain function
- Can help prevent type II diabetes — Green tea can improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels
- Reduces the risk factors of cardiovascular diseases — Green teas’ unique and potent antioxidant properties helps lower total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides thus lowering the risk for cardiovascular diseases
- Kills bacteria and reduces risk of infection — Green tea contains catechins that may inhibit the growth of bacteria and some viruses. This can lower the risk of infection and even lead to improvements in dental health including a lower risk of caries and reduced bad breath.
I’ve now substituted a cup of green tea for my ritual morning coffee. There’s plenty of caffeine in there so I haven’t noticed any coffee transition withdrawals. The interesting thing for me is I’ve been having 3 or 4 cups more throughout the day and even into the evening. I never did that with coffee before because I’m sensitive to caffeine and it has affected me negatively with coffee.
Although there’s tons of caffeine in green tea, I’m not getting the buzz, or the shakes. I feel alert but not wired. Seems weird but good. Anyway, it’s really working well for me and I’m enthusiastically going to continue.
I hope that reading about the amazing 6 benefits of drinking green tea may change your mind about making green tea part of your everyday life like it did for me.
Enjoy a nice cuppa today…!
Copyright 2022, WellnesssPursuits.com