(WellnessPursuits.com) – Sometimes it seems like being in a good relationship can make everything easier. The good times seem better, and the bad times just don’t seem as bad. But what are the signs that you’re in a healthy relationship?
- Kindness and Mutual Respect — We all deserve kindness and respect. In a good relationship, you’ll show your partner care, empathy, love and consideration — and receive these things in return, even when the two of you disagree from time to time.
- Mutual Decisions — In most relationships, there will be times when you or your partner makes a decision, such as when choosing a restaurant to eat at or a movie to see. But it’s important to make big decisions together as a couple, such as when buying a car or planning a vacation.
- Balance — In healthy relationships, you’ll need to compromise occasionally in order to reach your mutual goals. Sometimes, that means making sacrifices in order to make your partner happy and vice versa. It’s important to communicate honestly and openly to create this balance point.
- Openness and Honesty — In a healthy relationship, both you and your partner will never feel the need to lie or hide anything from one another. You’ll be able to be honest with your feelings, needs and desires. Both of you will feel heard and understood, and you’ll feel comfortable discussing any subject.
- Laughter — Laughter is the best medicine, and this couldn’t be more true in a relationship. You’ll always be able to find ways to have fun and laugh together, even through the hard times. Laughing together can also help you and your partner de-stress and bond.
- Trust — Trust may be the most important thing we can share with our partners in a relationship. You should never have to worry about where your partner is, what they’re doing or who they’re spending time with — and they shouldn’t need to feel this way about you, either.
We can glean a lot of support and encouragement from good partnerships. Healthy relationships bring us more happiness than stress, enrich our lives and add to our enjoyment.
~Here’s to Your Healthy Pursuits!
Copyright 2020, WellnessPursuits.com