If you’ve been searching for a way to have a better balance of vitamins and minerals for your brain and body, look no further than this special plant.
If you’ve never heard of it before, moringa contains so many vital nutrients for the body, and has been used for thousands of years because of its healing benefits. Today, millions of people use it in tea, take moringa supplements or powder to enjoy the incredible benefits of this plant. To give you more of an idea of how powerful this plant truly is, in 2008, the National Institute of Health called moringa (moringa oleifera) the “plant of the year”, acknowledging that “perhaps like no other single species, this plant has the potential to help reverse multiple major environmental problems and provide for many unmet human needs”.
Because moringa contains many antioxidants and nutrients, past research has largely focused on how it can help to treat disease and malnutrition in many parts of the world. Just about every part of the plant can be used, as moringa is a very versatile plant. Throughout the world, moringa is used for treating serious conditions including:
- inflammation-related diseases
- arthritis and other joint pain, such as rheumatism
- allergies and asthma
- constipation, stomach pains and and diarrhea
- stomach and intestinal ulcers or spasms
- chronic headaches
- heart problems, including high blood pressure
- kidney stones
- fluid retention
- thyroid disorders
- low sex drive
- bacterial, fungal, viral and parasitic infections
So, to give you an idea of just how nutrient-packed moringa plant is, here are some interesting facts about the vitamins and minerals in this amazing plant.
- two times the amount of protein of yogurt
- four times the amount of vitamin A as carrots
- three times the amount of potassium as bananas
- four times the amount of calcium as cows’ milk
- seven times the amount of vitamin C as oranges
There’s lots more to read about this amazing plant. You can find the complete article with abundant information on what the Moringa Plant does and how to use it here: Power of Positivity. Many thanks to them for great information and some new ideas to try.