The two essential traits of successful relationships are:

A: Kindness and generosity

Science has found that kindness and generosity are essential traits of successful relationships. Kindness and generosity are the glue that binds successful relationships together, whereas contempt is the main factor that tears couples apart.

Only 30% of marriages remain healthy and happy, while the other 70% either dissolve into dysfunction and bitterness and often end in separation or divorce.

Couples in successful relationships feel calm and connected when they are together. Their behavior is warm and affectionate, even when they fight. They create a trust and intimacy between them that allow both to be more physically and emotionally comfortable with each other.