(WellnessPursuits.com) – There are 5 things you need to pay attention to if you want to minimize your risk of getting the Coronavirus.
The Coronavirus is not some nightmare that mysteriously sneaks up on you. What it is, is a virus that you have a really good chance of avoiding if you follow these tips.
- Wash your hands if you touch ANYTHING before touching your face
- Your eyes, nose or mouth are the entry system for the virus – only touch your face if you just washed your hands or used sanitizer
- Wipe down door knobs, stair railings, and flat surfaces that you touch – everyday if possible
- Wash anything you buy at the store before putting it away
2. Stay away from other people who do not live in your home
- If you must go out, keep at least a 6 foot distance from other people – virus laden droplets from someone sneezing or coughing can stay in the air
- No shaking hands in greeting
- Keep in touch with loved ones through an abundance of electronic connections – text, messaging, skype, email, phone calls – physical isolation is to keep you and them safe
3. If you can, self-isolate your family for two weeks
- It can be really tough to do this but the safety factor it brings can result in a relatively small sacrifice
- If you run out of food or supplies most communities have a local delivery from grocery stores, big box stores or Amazon available. Supplies are being replenished daily, so check back on line if you find your home delivery store has run out of what you need
- Set up a barter system in your neighborhood. You and your neighbors can share supplies if you have more than you need of something and they have something that you’ve run out of. Doorstep delivery will avoid any contact with each other
- Before putting away items in your home from your neighbors or the store, wipe them down with a disinfectant wipe, a 60% alcohol solution or a very diluted bleach solution
4. Keep your immune system strong
- Stay away from sugar as much as possible
- Take immune boosting supplements – Vitamin C, D, and B complex, and E
- Eat as many fresh veggies and fruits as possible. Frozen and canned are your next best choices
- Protein is your friend – Adults should eat at least 0.8g of protein per kilogram (2.2lb) of body weight per day.
- Drink fluids – Fresh, pure water is best of course. If you have lemons, squeeze some in your water for taste as well as for the antibacterial and antiviral qualities of citrus. At this time of additonal stress, the common “8 glasses a day” is none too much.
- Get enough sleep – Easy to say but sometimes difficult to do.
- Believe in the future. Trust that you’re handling things well.
- Keep thoughts of gratitude in your mind and tell them to your family.
- Try ear plugs and/or an eye mask to block out noise and light.
5. Enjoy your life
- Enjoy the time with your family – play with them
- Listen to music – fill your soul with beauty
- Read inspiring books. Watch funny movies, sitcoms – laugh a lot
- Believe that “this too shall pass”
- Be productive – continue your focus on work or school through electronics – catch up on projects around the house
The Coronavirus is one more challenge that we’re facing in our life. Like any other challenge we’ve ever faced, if we approach it with courage, information, an adaptable attitude, and appropriate action, we will ride out this difficult time and regain and rebuild.
Stay safe out there!
~Here’s to Your Healthy Pursuits!
Copyright 2020, WellnessPursuits.com